Sunday 22 January 2012

Poem 4: Shakespearean Sonnet

He's there to guide her; he's there to care,
But she's growing up too fast for him.
Not much longer has he wisdom to share
With all the years flying right past him.
She looks up to him, and hopes to make proud.
And only in his arms she feels safest.
He's strict and tough, but her head's in the clouds
All he wants is her future be brightest.
But soon she'll grow up, and go her own way.
She will have a job and a family.
Yet all he taught her, stays 'till that day.
An honest and caring mother to be.
From miles away, or houses apart,
She'll always be his little girl at heart.

Title: Little girl
Style of poem: Shakespearean Sonnet
Inspiration: I really liked the flow of this style of poetry. I wanted to write something deep, and has meaning to me. In this poem I describe the relationship about me and my dad since we are really close.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good!!! I Love it!!! :)

    -Calista

    ReplyDelete
  2. great rhymes, and well written =)
    -clara

    ReplyDelete